System Stability + Updated FEature
1.05.00 for Rhino Arc is primarily a system stability update. It has a new feature update for Fast Focus that allows you to set how quickly you rack focus during a 2 point move.
We expanded the Fast Focus feature to be user adjustable based on percentage of move. 100% means focus will change over the entire move. 20% means focus will change over the first 20% of the move. Check out the video above to see examples of how it works in action.
- This firmware update for Arc II adds a lot of stability to the overall system.
- Moving to start bugs - Fixed an issue where the unit would not register its starting position during “Moving to Start” and would stall and prevent you from running the move.
- Note: Each axis now moves to start at a fixed speed. This is normal behavior.
- Fast Focus - We expanded the Fast Focus feature to be user adjustable based on percentage of move. 100% means focus will change over the entire move. 20% means focus will change over the first 20% of the move.
- Note: If you have a large focus pull and set it to a low value (ie. whip focus), there is a potential to overdrive the focus motor (motor will stall but not be damaged). We’re planning on limiting its max speed in future firmware upgrades to avoid this edge case.
- Move Completion bugs - Fixed an issue where a move would reach its end but the duration would continue counting upward. This would cause some moves to not loop as they never registered they reached the end of the move.
- Watchdog - We added an internal feature that checks for system lockups and reboots the unit in the event of a lockup. This should address units that aren’t able to power on.
- Reuse Move - Reusing a move will reload the move settings if it is the same mode you enter back into (Video or Time-Lapse).
- System Wide Stability - We made a number of system wide changes in the firmware that adds stability when booting up and shutting down the system.
- Move Timing - Due to some of the system changes above, the duration of some moves differ from the selected duration. These are typically edge cases when you create a move with extremely limited travel on all axis. If this is affecting your move, please feel free to downgrade to 1.04.00. We are working on addressing these edge cases in upcoming releases.
- iOS app - Please note that the iOS app is being updated in the next few days to all for the new Fast Focus functionality.